Apply for the Rescue Family Grant
What is the Rescue Family Grant Program?
Rescue Family Grants provide autism treatment to families in financial need. The grant provides financial support, products and services for auditory listening therapy, dietary intervention training, dietary supplements, two doctor visits, and lab testing. To date, more than 700 individuals have participated in the program and report a better quality of life and improvement in speech, language, behavior, health and wellness, and social interaction. The grant is available to individuals of all ages who meet the eligibility criteria below.
Who qualifies to be a Rescue Family Grantee?
If you answer "NO" to all of the following questions, you meet the qualification parameters to apply for a Rescue Family Grant:
- Has your clild ever seen a DAN! or MAPS Doctor?
- Has your child received lab testing from Great Plains, Doctors Data or Metametrix?
- Is your child currently on anti-fungal or anti-viral therapy?
- Is your child currently taking any supplements (other than fish oil)?
- Does your family make more than the median income for your state? Refer to United States Census Bureau
What is included in the Rescue Family Grant Program?
- Two doctor visits with a medical physician specially trained in treating autism (Please note: your specialist will be assigned by Generation Rescue based on availability and geographic proximity. Some travel may be necessary.)
- A 90-day supply of vitamins, minerals and supplements
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis Lab Test
- Urine Porphyrins Lab Test
- The Listening Program®
- Dietary Intervention Training
- A Rescue Angel Grant Mentor
- Discounts on supplements and programs after completion of the grant
What are the expectations of a Rescue Family Grantee?
- $200 deposit - $100 will be refunded upon completion of the grant program and submission of the post ATEC survey
- Grantees are required to follow the gluten-free/casein-free diet for the entire program
- Daily data entry (must have access to computer and internet connection)
- Possible travel depending on the availability and geographic proximity of medical specialist
What is the application process like for a Rescue Family Grant?
- The grant application should take less than an hour to complete
- Before starting your application, please:
- Complete the ATEC survey and save a copy of the results to be uploaded into the application
- Confirm that you do not make more than the median income for your state and scan a copy of your most recent tax return to be uploaded into the application
- Scan a copy of your diagnosis form from your healthcare provider to be uploaded in the application
- Once you have completed your application, you will receive a notification by email. Please check your spam folder and add Generation Rescue to your contacts to ensure that future correspondence arrives to your inbox.
- You will receive an award notification via email within 48 hours of submitting your application.
The Autism Treatment Evaluation Checklist (ATEC)
Generation Rescue tracks evaluation data at the beginning and end of each grant round by using the Autism Treatment Evaluation Checklist (ATEC) survey, developed by Bernard Rimland and Stephen M. Edelson of the Autism Research Institute (ARI). The ATEC is a one-page form designed to be completed by parents, teachers, or caretakers. It consists of four subtests to record data in the areas of:
- Speech, Language, Communication
- Sensory, Cognitive Awareness
- Health, Physical, Behaviors
All participants in the program have displayed behavioral improvement and a reduction in symptoms, shown by a decrease of ATEC scores from the beginning to end of the 90-day grant period. These results are detailed below.
The average grant recipient has shown a:
43% improvement in socialbility
35% improvement in sensory and cognitive awareness
35% improvement in Health, Physical and Behavior
24% improvement in Speech, Language and Communication
On average, grant participants have shown an overall 34% rate of improvement in all areas documented using the Autism Treatment and Evaluation Checklist (ATEC) indicated by a decrease in scores and severity of symptoms, before compared to after the grant program.
For more information, please contact us:
(818) 990-0444 or email@example.com
Our Program is Brought to You by the Generous Support of:
Create new account
You can also sign in to Generation Rescue with your facebook account, by clicking the button below.